Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
With my close-to-stock battery location on the front firewall, it looks to me like the shortest run for that big grounding strap to the engine would be to the stud on the accessory mount for the vacuum pump (which I won't have). Anybody see any problem with that, or does it *have* to go to a crankcase bolt for some reason?

TIA!

Steve

Mine is in that location. Anywhere on the engine should be ok as long as there is electrical continuity.

greg

The "per plans" location has you run the battery grounding strap to the firewall. The engine ground is ran from the firewall to the bolt hole in the case near the base of the oil dip stick.
I do not think it matters as long as you have a good solid appropriatley sized ground to both locations.

x2

Steve,

I have used the vacuum pad mount studs too (still building so no operational experience). I have the B&C/AeroElectric Forest-of-Tabs on the aft side of the firewall, hence two bolts showing on the engine side of FW. Seeing these bolts, I went for belt-and-braces and put two engine ground straps, both to vacuum pad studs.

Steve