Geico266

Well Known Member
I'm not associated with this company in anyway other than they just bought my RV-10. I hope it is okay to talk about their product. A very interesting, totally removable pod. They will be STC'd for Cirrus & Cessna's, 182's & up. Pretty cool design, David Shelton great guy to get to know.

http://www.motorcyclepilot.com/

According to David (engineer) the pod, with the street legal motor cycle adds 300#'s and 6 knots of drag. Unlike other pods, it can be taken off the plane in 3-4 mins. Bike takes 3 mins to assemble and go, and can travel at highway speeds.

They will be at OSH "08".

Last edited:
OSH

I'm very happy with the RV-10 that Larry sold me. The fit and finish is spectacular and I can't wait to get my pod and motorcycle on it. The RV-10 is a top-notch cross-country airplane but it still has an annoying habbit of stranding me 10 or 12 miles short of my destination. The pod is designed to conveniently carry a motorcycle underneath the airplane and provide me with street-legal ground transportation wherever I land.

I'd like to invite all RV builders/flyers to visit us at Airventure. We'll be at aircraft display #126, located behind exhibit hangar "C". There will be cold water and snacks at the booth so be sure you stop and say hello.

-David Shelton
www.motorcyclepilot.com

for the "videoless"...

The pod has four receptacles that engage mating latches of the aircraft.

There is a cable with a hook extending up from each receptacle. The cables are interconnected by a winch system. To raise, you put each hook in its corresponding latch in the aircraft, then drive the winch system with, for example, a cordless drill (the drive lug is exposed external to the pod). As the pod reaches the full "up" position, the latches engage.

The pod has four receptacles that engage mating latches of the aircraft.

There is a cable with a hook extending up from each receptacle. The cables are interconnected by a winch system. To raise, you put each hook in its corresponding latch in the aircraft, then drive the winch system with, for example, a cordless drill (the drive lug is exposed external to the pod). As the pod reaches the full "up" position, the latches engage.

Video looks pretty slick. Do you think they'll make one for my VFR??:p

This is a great idea. The more I think about it, the more I like it. Motorcycle idea is great, but think about adding an external cargo pod that can carry #300 pounds! That's alot of moose meat! AND you can take the pod off completely when you don't need it.