Daida

Well Known Member
Hi Folks!

i installed the ground adjustible Rudder pedals Yesterday.i am 6'4", therefore i put them in the most forward position. i have not rigged the whole brake system yet but i think that in my case, when i apply max brake when the Rudder is fully deflected to the same side that the pedals will hit the firewall.

has anyone out there expierience on this issue?

will it work out because the pedal deflection will not be as much to touch the firewall?

if there is an issue, what is the solution?

and please...........please let us not get into a discussion whether you need max brake and full rudder deflection or not, and what kind of situations could come up when you need max brake and full rudder.

i just want to be able to have max brakes with full rudder. period.

thanks in advance for your inputs!

Daida

I just looked at the geometry of my RV-8. I have relatively long legs (34" inseam) the and builder of the plane is 6'-4". The rudder pedals have always been in the next-to-the-last spot.

When I look at the distance from the back of the pedals to the firewall I would not be surprised if it would hit in full deflection.

I've only flown one -8, but mine has almost no brake deflection at all. The brakes are firm and come on as soon as you touch them. I'm not sure if this is the way the geometry on all -8's works, or if I just got lucky. If yours is like mine, the full forward, full deflection position will still allow plenty of brake.

I agree with Michael - if you keep the brakes firm, there is almost no pedal deflection. If they are deflecting, it's time to get out the bleeder pot.