JTJones

Well Known Member
Friend
Well, after removing my engine in January in compliance withe the XP-400 Recall/Buy-Back I have finally received my replacement engine. I went with an IO-390-X built by Barrett using my Superior case and sump. First flight on the new powerplant was 12/07. Flawless. It has been a long wait but I got the grin back!

ECFCCC6-C-4313-4-D72-B1-F4-882-F18-D7-C5-BD.jpg

Great news!

Glad to hear you are back flying that beautiful airplane.

You should stop by Newnan (CCO) and check out SAS.

BTW, that doesn't look like Hawaii ;)

Nice!

Glad to hear you got your mojo (grin) back:D
I just wanted to make a comment about the grass and where you are based? The Picture doesn't look like Hawaii but the grass is too green for this time of year! I think the setting certainly adds to the beauty.

Not Hawaii

The airplane is currently in central Florida. It was built at Synergy Air in OR and I have no plans to have it in Hawaii.

Well, after removing my engine in January in compliance withe the XP-400 Recall/Buy-Back I have finally received my replacement engine. I went with an IO-390-X built by Barrett using my Superior case and sump. First flight on the new powerplant was 12/07. Flawless. It has been a long wait but I got the grin back!

Congratulations, Jeff. I got my new Thunderbolt late in October, with first flight Nov 23 - have about 20 hours on it.

Also - that paint job is spectacular!

Lost 5 Horses

The XP-400 was advertised as 215 HP. The 390 210 HP. Still breaking it in and don?t notice a difference on takeoff but haven?t really leaned it much in cruise so time will tell.