Brambo

Well Known Member
Starting to button up the left wing and with that install the (unheated) Pitot tube. The instructions do a good job describing how to install the mast and tube, but say nothing about how to join the copper tube from the pitot to the plastic hose I plan to run through the wing. Is there a special connector? My initial thought is to use a compression fitting. Also found that the quick connect fittings that come with the kit will fit the copper tube, but I'm not sure that's a good idea or not. Obviously I want to avoid any air leaks.

pitot connection

If your pitot line is 3/16 like the Dynon, you should be able to heat and slip the nylon line right over the outside of the tube. super tight seal, and simple.
Normally I would search out the trick connector parts, but this worked real well for me.
Hope this helps,
Chris

If your pitot line is 3/16 like the Dynon, you should be able to heat and slip the nylon line right over the outside of the tube. super tight seal, and simple.
Normally I would search out the trick connector parts, but this worked real well for me.
Hope this helps,
Chris
Chris as some very good advice. I tried using an AN fitting and quick connector but they leaked like crazy so it was all replaced with some tubing.

Sounds like a great idea, unfortunately the Gretz copper tube is 1/4", same as the tubing. I saw where someone else used a short piece of tubing with a 1/4" ID and a couple of hose clamps. Seems simple enough and should be air-tight.