Tandem46

Well Known Member
Hello Doug, Jay Pratt, Mike Reddick, Jason Sneed, Rusty and all others who know me. I'm in an internet cafe in Dubai, UAE, in the Persian Gulf. My ship pulled in for a few days. We have internet on the ship but it's incredibly slow so I really can only monitor the forums while at sea. Nothing to report, just saying hi. Can't wait to get home to fly some more. My poor RV-7 is just sitting in a hangar in MS right now, hopefully the humidity down there doesn't hurt my idle engine. I'll miss Sun&Fun this year but maybe make some flyins this summer. This is a relatively short cruise for me, only be at sea for about 3 1/2 months and I'm at the half way point already.

Fly safe, see you this summer,
Tobin

PS - I'm purposely withholding the name of my ship so that I don't give away ships movement...as they say, loose lips sink ships :D

Hang in there!

Tobin, Hang in there - I'm sure your friends have been keeping the oil flowing in your RV7. :)

Thank You

Thank you so much for the service to our great country. There really are no words to describe the sacrifices made by our service men and women.

Be safe. I look forward to meeting you some day.

We'll see you in a few months, Tobin. Thanks for checking in. If a hurricane threatens your RV we'll pry the door open and fly it north.

B,
Doug

Hey, Hey,Tobin , I really envy you............. NOT !!! Have always enjoyed your posts. Finished my RV-7 about the same time you did yours. Being a combat Carrier pilot is still the highest high I've had. Keep your concentration.
Tonkin Gulf Yankee Air Pirate Jim

Another echo of thanks

Thanks to you and all who are willing to serve our country and allow us to continue forward with the freedoms we enjoy.

Greetings

Tobin,

Good to hear from you!
When you get home to travel around, remember, our door is always open!

Be careful out there!

Greetings from Dubai

Tobin, your message sparks memories. I lived in Dubai from 1985-90. During that time the Iranians were laying mines in the Persian Gulf to disrupt the Kuwait tanker traffic and shooting rockets off of little boats. The windows in our villa would actually rattle from the rocket explosions. Long story short - the Samuel B. Roberts, a DE, hit a mine and wound up in a Dubai drydock. We "adopted" four sailors who nearly ate us out of house and home, but we were glad to have them. And they us. Anyway, hope you get to do a little touring of the city and meeting the American community there. Quite a place.
:)

Thanks for your service,

Bill Gipson
RV-10 Finishing
Conroe, Texas