Carl,

That is my small set!

I have used them on places that others use fly cutters. I se them for lightening and for penetrations.

Most recently they worked well on lightening my center rudder pedal support bracket.

It is an expensive tool to buy, unless you happen to be an electrician as well.

I also have the larger conduit sizes too!

...but then again, I get mine for free. It is one of the FEW benefits of working in the trades for decades.

;) CJ

Carl:

A good source is your local EAA chapter (you are a member of one?). You won't be using the punches much and they can be quite dear. The 2 inch punch might be used once. These are prime candidates for borrowing.

Jekyll

Just FYI

I borrowed a Greenlee hole punch kit from the EAA242 chapter to cut the 2" hole in the firewall for the cabin heat. Since the firewall is fairly thin steel, the hole cutter left raised edges along portions of the finished hole. I used a hammer and bucking bar and gently tapped the edges of the hole even, then deburred and smoothed the edges. Overall, the Greenlee cutter worked great, but had I to do it again, I would have used a sheet of .063 alclad on the forward side of the fuse (where the ratched was used) to allow the cutter to cut through cleaner. The cutter was a nominal 1.5" conduit die/blade set but is actually 2".