erich weaver

Well Known Member
Patron
A green heading line appears on the map page on my new GRT Sport SX. Been through the set up menus a few times now but don't see how to get rid of it. Something simple I'm overlooking Im sure.

Can someone enlighten me?
Thanks

Erich

No not the green arc.

This is a straight green line extending from the plane icon on the moving map in the direction of the heading that is selected using one of the knobs on the EFIS. I need some way of canceling the selected heading

Thanks

Erich,

OK. I had to do some digging.

Look at the Mini X manual:

http://www.grtavionics.com/Mini-X manual A5.pdf

Section 6.1 shows that the green line you are seeing is the Heading Bug Course Line. Other examples in Section 6 show that green line and the white line which is Track.

It appears that if you go to ENAV mode, the green line will disappear. If you stay in HDG mode the line will be there and I would have thought the magenta line would be there too. Note that the rectangles are magenta so perhaps that replaces the magenta line.

I fly a Sport HS without any autopilot so hopefully someone with more applicable experience will add to this thread.

Jim Butcher

Now we are getting somewhere!
Ok, now just have to figure out how to get out of heading mode.
Thanks, on the right track now.
Erich

A green heading line appears on the map page on my new GRT Sport SX. Been through the set up menus a few times now but don't see how to get rid of it. Something simple I'm overlooking Im sure.

Can someone enlighten me?
Thanks

Erich

Head bug indication.

Shows the heading that you have "dialed in".

Good to see it as if you engage A/P in heading mode and "forgot" to set desired heading in advance, at least you would see where are about to be taken. :)

If you turn the left knob you should be able to swing it in whatever direction you wish.

James

Yup, got that, but I don't want to swing it anywhere. I want it to go away. There is already a thin white line that projects my path along my current heading

Erich,

Do you have an autopilot? If not, in General Setup there are two lines, Lat Autopilot ON/OFF and Vertical Autopilot ON/OFF. Set them both to OFF.

If you have an autopilot, you can switch between HDG and ENAV using the softkeys on the EFIS.

Perhaps JC can chime in. I think the Sport SX will show the green line and magenta rectangles when in HDG mode. Your actual track will be the thin white line. In ENAV mode the magenta line will be the course line and the thin white line will be actual track. In this mode the triangles will be magenta.

Jim Butcher

Erich,

Do you have an autopilot? If not, in General Setup there are two lines, Lat Autopilot ON/OFF and Vertical Autopilot ON/OFF. Set them both to OFF.

If you have an autopilot, you can switch between HDG and ENAV using the softkeys on the EFIS.

Perhaps JC can chime in. I think the Sport SX will show the green line and magenta rectangles when in HDG mode. Your actual track will be the thin white line. In ENAV mode the magenta line will be the course line and the thin white line will be actual track. In this mode the triangles will be magenta.

Jim Butcher

While in MAP, press buttons until you see A/P Lateral or something like that. Turn off HDG.

James