szicree

Well Known Member
Can somebody point me to a source for pictures of that award winning 8 with the green paint and playing cards all over it? Thanks.

Really nice paint job. This is nitpicky, but I wonder if he was aware when he drew it up that opposite faces of a die always add up to seven - never adjacent sides

N674P said:
Really nice paint job. This is nitpicky, but I wonder if he was aware when he drew it up that opposite faces of a die always add up to seven - never adjacent sides

Clearly not :)

another nip pik but the card on the top of the wing, the joker, in the middle is on "top" - uncovered by adjacent cards...

on the bottom of the wing the same card is opposite... on the bottom not covered by cards on either side...

still..

beautiful paint job...

John

Why yes it is.
And theres folks looking at mine.
None at the high roller:)
Timing is everything

Stunning paint job

That really is a stunning paint job. Look at the detail in the yellow and blue stripes. Anyone know the owner? I'd really be interested in more details on how they did that.

Never mind - I found the owner's details here:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=9716

DSCF1847.jpg

Last edited:
I know him. I sat in the airplane this week as a matter of fact. I am considering starting an -8 (hopefully late next year, and thinking fastback) and wanted to try it on for size. It fits nicely BTW, but I hate the control stick. Too low and too far away.

The paint job is phenominal! You can pick apart any paint job. The finish on this airplane is outstanding. A little too much for my taste, but knowing his style, it fits him.

Sticks can be Tweaked...

FLYPTV said:
..... but I hate the control stick. Too low and too far away.

I don't know if he has the "bent stick" from RVWoody, but that simple mod (an aft-reaching S-Bend) solvs that complaint quite nicely!

Paul

It is the Standard Stick. . . I have heard of the RVWoody stick and plan to use it. I would just like to try one before I make the decision, that is -7 v. -8. Didn't want to veer the thread off of Mike's airplane. I already sit high in the seat to begin with as I am 6ft with more body than leg. . . no wise cracks please. So my head bumps into the canopy on the -6, tight in the -4. I was hoping the -7 would fix the size issue, but it looks like the dimensions are the same. So, it's an -8 with the bent stick.