ken28117

You need to check this out....Of course for you old time builders...you've probably seen it a thousand times....but I was so excited.

This little dimple fixture from Cleveland Tools really gets into tight places....at the bottom of the page there was an EAA video on how to use it.....took about two seconds to to dimple spots that weren't even 1/4" wide.

http://www.cleavelandtoolstore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DIE4263DF

Cool Tool.

:):)

I agree that is very nice. Although this is really the best tool right here

money.jpg

By the way I am back! I have had too long a break from building, I overcame vacation, starting a business, swine flu, ect. I am back!

Working on wiring, and picking up where i left off

Another use for this tool

Ken,
I made my own out of a 3/4" thick aluminum bar. Cut the bar to size, drill the pilot hole and countersink as needed. I have placed several counter sunk surfaces over the face of the bar, to accommodate all situations. I find the tool very handy for those areas where you have 3 dimpled surfaces stacked. Often, the 3 dimples do not nest perfectly.
When riveting, I will sometimes request the person running the rivet gun to place a rivet in the hole. I will then place this tool on top of the nest of dimpled surfaces and press tightly. [Hopefully by now, you realize that more skill is required of the bucker than the riveter] I tell the riveter to tap lightly with the rivet gun until I call out for him to stop. An A&P friend showed me this trick. He referred to the process as "nesting".
This process will align and compress multiple dimpled surfaces to aid in obtaining a proper riveted joint. I then inspect the stacked surfaces. Once I'm satisfied that the 3 [or more] surfaces are tightly stacked, I will switch the bucking bar for the dimple bar.
Just an FYI
Charlie Kuss

... or you can machine a countersink in the end of a cold chisel and clamp it in a vice. Then use the male end of the dimple set with the striker from the Avery dimpler.

How true!

I agree that is very nice. Although this is really the best tool right here

money.jpg

By the way I am back! I have had too long a break from building, I overcame vacation, starting a business, swine flu, ect. I am back!

Working on wiring, and picking up where i left off
I couldn't stop laughing at this one. Maybe they can genetically engineer a tree that grows that stuff.:D