alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
About a week ago I ordered some #4 Tinnerman/countersunk washers from the only place they seem to be available, GAHco. Tom Brink had been really helpful to me via email in identifying what I needed in their online catalog. A couple days later I called, spoke to a customer sales rep., ordered a package of them. I was kind of bummed to find out that there is (technically) a surcharge of $5 on small orders, but I went ahead and placed the order anyway since that was the only source I could find. However, when I received the order, only 2 days after I placed it, the invoice indicated that Tom had (voluntarily) intervened and had the surcharge dropped off the invoice. Pretty cool that he paid that much attention to one tiny little order! Thanks Tom!

I'm not surprised. Tom seems to keep a close eye on what goes on in his company. I once placed an order online on a Sunday. A couple of hours later, I received an email from Tom thanking me for the order. I've always gotten great service from them.

I'm extremely pleased that the VAN's crowd discovered GAHco. I've used them ever since I got my A&P. The regularly have stuff that I can't find anywhere else, including spruce!

I agree

I recently needed a special bolt. Tom and his company went out of their way to help me identify the bolt I needed and get it on its way to me. They spent a lot of time helping me, even though I was only buying one bolt.

Tom takes a personal interest in making sure that his customers get exactly what they need and at reasonable prices. His staff is very knowledgable and helpful also. I highly recommend GAHco.

But it's tough for international customers

Hello,
I just recently had excellent service from GAHco to deliver some special sized rivets.
Unfortunately their website is not usable outside the US even for browsing only.
Each time you click on a menu title you get a page telling you to call or email. So it's difficult to even know what parts they are selling.
I was told it's because they got too many messed up orders from outside the US.
I have suggested to the personn I had on the phone, they just make the "cart" unusable from oustside the US, because I consider their website of a great technical and educationnal value.

Just found this post in another search!

Hello,
I just recently had excellent service from GAHco to deliver some special sized rivets.
Unfortunately their website is not usable outside the US even for browsing only.
Each time you click on a menu title you get a page telling you to call or email. So it's difficult to even know what parts they are selling.
I was told it's because they got too many messed up orders from outside the US.
I have suggested to the personn I had on the phone, they just make the "cart" unusable from oustside the US, because I consider their website of a great technical and educationnal value.

I will see what we can do.

I don't know who you talked to:confused: but I don't remember hearing about this.

For this I apologize.

I will get with my web guy and see what more we can display without having international folks think they can purchase directly off of the site.

FYI Those of you from Canada my order from the site, some of the policies are slightly different due to the cost of the international handling but all is working quite well with this option

Sorry the site is not fully functional on fully international basis, but there are too many reasons to even list on a post

Thanks for all the compliments guys we will try to live up to the published reputation.