ccsmith51

Well Known Member
Today I made the last flight of 2011. I also made the last flight entry into my first log book, 1.1 hours. The first entry was 8/23/68. And I flew formation to lunch with my RV buddies.

All in all a pretty special day!!

My first flight on 2012 will be on 1/2. That will also be my first entry into my second log book. I hope that I can do that flight with them, too.

I flew with my new Halo headset today. I got a good seal in the right ear, and it was great. I could not get a good seal in the left ear, and I heard a lot of wind noise. I'll work more on getting better insertion of the plugs. So far I am happy with the lack of head clamp, ear sweat, etc.

Happy New Year to all at VAF!!

It sure was a beautiful flying day in Florida! While northbound we passed a group of four RVs (90% sure they were RVs) southwest of Keystone, in a line. I'd just noticed them, heading the other direction, when I saw the third plane, which was red, do a nice looking roll. Maybe y'all... made my trip in any case. Dead calm the rest of the way home, with a tailwind. Lovely! Congrats on filling up a logbook!

-jon

Pretty sure that was Chris and Co.

Jon, I'm pretty sure that was Chris and the Dreamland Squadron you saw. Location is correct and if somebody was inverted that's pretty much a dead give away!

It was beautiful flying in the north Georgia mountains on Christmas Eve and also today. I intend to make sure that today was not my last flight of 2011. :)