petersb

Well Known Member
Emailed them Thursday night, received phone call next morning, received pitot today. No brokerage or taxes.

Used FedEx to Canada as UPS usually charge a $65 brokerage fee. Had Dynon write on invoice "aircraft parts, replaced under warranty"

Happy customer, Peter

Replacement Pitot

Hi Peter

Does everyone receive a phone call before they ship their Pitot??

I send them the form of their web site but didn't get any acknowlegment or anything..

I'll wait a little more and see, if I don't I will just re-submit the form..

Let us know how it works..

Cheers

Bruno
[email protected]

yes, they call to get a credit card number, which they will charge if you don't send back or destroy the original within 30 days. I think they are only calling people as fast as the new probes are produced.

Mine came last Tuesday, it's already installed.

Installed mine yesterday, Lucky to be a 15 min drive to the Dynon factory. They had it waiting on the counter for me.

Thanks Dynon,

PS Love the latest Made in America Video.

Installed mine yesterday, Lucky to be a 15 min drive to the Dynon factory. They had it waiting on the counter for me.

How long did it take? Is it a matter of slip out and slip in, or was drilling necessary? Is the wiring a one for one replacement? Thanks.

-John

How long did it take? Is it a matter of slip out and slip in, or was drilling necessary? Is the wiring a one for one replacement? Thanks.

-John

You have to match drill to the pitot mast and tap the holes, easy.

Wiring was supposed to be plug and play, but one of my older controllers had to be rewired for the new tube. Dynon is investigating. Had to reverse the sex of the 2 pin plug and crimp on new fast-ons because the old ones had larger shells and wouldn't fit.

The new controller on my HR-II did not have a problem.

You have to match drill to the pitot mast and tap the holes, easy.

Wiring was supposed to be plug and play, but one of my older controllers had to be rewired for the new tube. Dynon is investigating. Had to reverse the sex of the 2 pin plug and crimp on new fast-ons because the old ones had larger shells and wouldn't fit.

The new controller on my HR-II did not have a problem.

Yes, I did have to drill and tap the mounting holes , plus flare the tubes to fit the pitot and static fittings . My electrical connectors fitted without modification

Yes, I did have to drill and tap the mounting holes , plus flare the tubes to fit the pitot and static fittings . My electrical connectors fitted without modification

Same here, drill & tap 4ea 6/32 holes . The AOA & Pitot lines come long and were trimmed and flared for disconnect fittings and the wires are 3 spade connectors and one micro connector. (Don't drill to deep)

Same here, drill & tap 4ea 6/32 holes . The AOA & Pitot lines come long and were trimmed and flared for disconnect fittings and the wires are 3 spade connectors and one micro connector. (Don't drill to deep)

Don't trim the aluminum lines too much if you are transitioning to nylon - they can conduct the heat.

Swapping was straightforward for me, except that I had managed to mount an autopilot servo such that it mostly blocked access to the connections.