D-Dubya

Well Known Member
Too often, it seems we hear of builders getting frustrated or burned by some suppliers. But I have to give a positive report on the guys at http://pilotlights.net/. Back when these products first came on the market, I purchased a dual-color LED strip and a two-channel dimmer to control it from this web site. I had tested it in the shop when I got the parts, but wasn't quite ready to install it above my instrument panel until recently.

Well, when I went to mount the dimmer control in the panel, it wouldn't fit. The knob assemblies were mounted too far back on the circuit board, and the knob shafts weren't long enough to stick through the panel. This was clearly manufactured incorrectly, so I looked in my records for the purchase info--which turned out to be over two years prior. It's usually tough to get a replacement on something purchased that long ago, but I thought I'd at least give it a try.

So I called up the number on the web site and told the guy what happened. He acknowledged that the first batch of dimmers was made like this and he apologized. He then said "So if we send you a new one, would that be okay?" Well yeah...and that's what they did. I didn't have to pay for the replacement or shipping, and I got it in only a few days. I was floored that they stood behind their product 100%, no questions asked.

Just felt I had to give this company a "done good" and recommend them to other builders.