AX-O

Well Known Member
I have been talking to Nicole Catto to get another prop for my fastback. I told her I could fly up and stuff it in the other plane. So yesterday I left in the morning with plans on picking it up and returning right back.

Once I arrived there, I noticed that the parking lot was full of cars. A few moments later I was greeted by a smiling Nicole. As we walked through the shop, I got this image in my head of elves building toys for Christmas. Everyone was busy, noise, a fun atmosphere of employees joking around and building camaraderie. Nicole showed me some of the projects they were working on. As an Aero guys I was drooling. I saw the F1 wings, the new self-centering spinner and a few other projects.

Then Craig showed up with groceries, put them down and we talked for a while about some aerodynamics. We looked at videos of his flight testing.

But the craziest part was that as busy as they are and the time they spent showing me around, Craig and Nicole asked me to have lunch with them. Below if proof that Craig not only knows how to build good props but he also knows how to slice a tomato or two. It was a very unexpected and very appreciated gesture.

image.jpg

Axel, you should have stopped off and said hi------only 10 min farther.

Funny bit of coincidence for you--------the guy in the hangar couple spots to the south also makes propellers and had a few on Reno Air Race winners, as I recall.