gbrasch

Well Known Member
I had the opportunity to meet RV-9A builder and flier Bob Kelly at Bob Collins get together at OSH this year. He had a few copies of his new book for sale, which I bought one. It describes his fathers experience as a WW-II aircraft mechanic, and the scrapping of thousands of aircraft after the war. It exceeded my expectations, and fondly reminded me of my own father, who was about the same age and passed away about the same time as Bob's father. My dad also served in WW-II. It is a great read for anyone interested in that era, and those airplanes, and no, this is not a paid advertisement. I don't know if Bob wants his contact info on the internet (I have not talked to him about this post), so I will list his website, where he sells his book, entitled Broken Wings. http://www.connpublishing.com Glenn

Broken Wings

Thanks, Glenn. I am so glad you enjoyed it, and truly humbled.

I hadn't posted much about the book here as the website is still a mess. Also, I want to give VAF'ers a break on it, compared to the website. If anyone wants a copy, it is $20 and I throw in a copy of "To Build and Airplane," a 3 1/2 minute video about my own 9A build. That covers shipping, too. You can pay on Paypal, or send to me. Paypal: [email protected] or mail:

Bob Kelly
4580 W 900N
Scipio, IN 47273

I might suggest that these make nice gifts for WWII vets, especially those who flew.

Bob Kelly