Ron B.

Well Known Member
Hello
Just purchased a Grand Rapids EIS the 4000 model. No ducuments came with the unit what so ever. I printed a user guide and it does have some instruction as to wiring, it refers to diagram 5a and b. No such diagram is included in this manual. I see a wiring diagram for a two stroke unit , but nothing for the 4000 model. Anyone that can point out where to find such a diagram?
Thanks Ron

Call GRT

Have them send you the correct/current manual for your s/n.
I could send you mine, but I found out the hard way you want to correct one for your s/n, else some settings may be wrong or features mentioned that do or don't exist.
Tim

We had to wait for delivery so I would say it was last weeks adition. I'll send them off an e-mail so they can get the correct information.
Thanks Tim,Ron

The EIS Rev. K manual is on the GRT website. The two diagrams you refer to are at the end and are the connector definitions. Installation is pretty straight forward. Map out your Aux 1-6 then just connect all the wires to the appropriate probe. There are a few you probably will not use. I just remove them from the D-Sub plug they come already pinned in or cut the wire. After it's all installed comes the hard part, configuring everything but the instructions are pretty clear how to do it. If you are connecting the EIS to a GRT EFIS don't bother setting alarms in the EIS because you'll set those in the EFIS.

I wouldn't worry too much about the connector definitions having changed. The unit I just received with Rev. K has an identical pin-out as the EIS I installed 7 years ago. The only thing that has changed over time is the internal software and updated settings for later version probes.

Last edited:
Tried to locate the information but no luck. I was not logged in , would that be the problem? I'm not registered with GRT, should I be?
Ron

Go to grtavionics.com, then support, then documents, then eis user manual.

BTW, I have a grt efis but I still hooked up alarms from the eis to the red light. The efis is off for engine start but the eis is on, and tells me right away if there is no oil pressire.

Hi Bob
The figures 5a and 5b are not in the user manual. I've printed the user manual. I did find the 5a and 5b on someone's site but plan on e-mailing GRT for the latest.
Ron

Mike, you are spot on. Actually I did not print the manual, I had read it online and the AC owner/builder downloaded and printed it. I'm not sure where he got Rev.G, but I hadn't noticed the differences from what I had read. Abviously I hadn't read all the way to the end as I should have remembered the figures for wiring were there. Remember it is the pilot in command that is responsible for that flight, I'm doing the wiring so I'm in charge and must take responsibility for the wrong version of the manual.
Thanks again for steering us on the correct path.
P.S. maybe if I had told you this wasn't going into an RV but a Zenair 701 , you would not have helped us (just joking).
Ron