docskj

I was hoping that the GR EIS "gurus" out there can help. I'm in the final stages of inspection and preparation of a 9A after 7 years of build. I have a GR 4000 EIS with a Chelton EFIS. When doing my first engine run I got fuel pressure of "0". I suspected a bad transducer but to make a long story short, my wiring and transducer work fine. I swapped the oil pressure and fuel pressure wires first at the engine side and again at the harness/pin side with the "oil pressure" on the EIS side consistently showing the pressure of the oil or fuel depending on what was hooked up. The "fuel Pressure" channel (aux 4, pin 9) always shows "0". I'm hoping this is a unit programing/setup issue. I have already tried changing the scale, offset, and reverse sensing without any success.

After several hours on my back under my panel, I'm beginning to see the advantages of the "tip up".

Memory is correct

There is a range of sensors in use.

The one supplied to me required a 475 Ohm from 4.8v EIS supply to the pressure sense line.

Sandy can surely help, as suggested

Sandy rocks. I called and explained the problem and despite my disbelief, she immediately told me what to do. What I didn't understand was that the aux 4 channel is not "excited" with 4.8 volts as is the oil pressure channel. To do this I had to connect pin 25 (the 4.8V exciting output) to the fuel pressure wire. Once I did this, it worked like a charm.

I AM OFFICIALLY FINISHED.