LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
Anyone know of a good Web site that's documented the installation of the Grand Rapids EIS 4000? There are things in the documentation supplied that aren't quite as specific as I would like and I'd like to read how some others have it documented.

For me, the placement and cutting of the rectangular hole in my -7A panel was the biggest issue, aithough not bad. After that , I found routing and connecting the component wires to the EIS 4000 color-coded wires to be a straight-forward, one wire at a time exercise. Routing the wires took a little fore thought to get a reasonably neat, although not pristine, installation. Any questions I had, were promptly addressed in phone calls to Grand Rapids with Sandy doing a superb job.

In my installation, I have 4 EGTs, 4 CHTs, Fuel Flow, Manifold Pressure, OAT, RPM, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Flow, Voltmeter.

It's been absolutely reliable over the past 5 yrs. and 600 flight hrs. ago. This was my first and only build of an RV-7A. What are some of your specific questions?

Mike