Caveman

Well Known Member
I may be flying down to Granbury this Saturday, spending the night and leaving Sunday. Is the Granbury airport (KGDJ) RV friendly? Any other airport suggestions out there? I'll have to tie down or find a hangar over night so prefer a friendly, secure airport that is easy to find. (I'll have a daughter providing ground transportation who will be unfamiliar with the area). Good fuel prices would be a plus. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated as well.
Thanks!

info

We stopped at the Granbury airport Labor Day 2008 for fuel on a flight to Fredricksberg. The FBO folks were very friendly and the fuel prices were reasonable. We did feel it was an airport we wanted to come back to for a visit again.

Granbury

Granbury is a nice little town, so your airplane should be just fine. I have never visited the FBO there, but they have some of the lowest gas prices in the area.

my information is firsthand but dated: i stopped there at least monthly in 2006 and 2007, in a spam can, and without exception found great, friendly line service, low-to-reasonable gas prices, and an uncluttered traffic pattern. most of the time i also found several RVs out front with their owners/drivers on the porch or inside swapping lies. in short, it was a great place to land. things change so slowly in texas, i bet it still is...