jsharkey

Well Known Member
When approaching some airfields long green arrows appear on the map page of my 496. Do they indicate published approach paths? - similar to the system highlighting various classes of airspace. I can't find any reference to them in the user's manual.

Jim Sharkey
RV6 - Phase 1

Extended runway arrows

That sounds like the extended runways lines. They are there to help you align with the runway and to help you find the runway by showing you the runway direction.

When approaching some airfields long green arrows appear on the map page of my 496. Do they indicate published approach paths? - similar to the system highlighting various classes of airspace. I can't find any reference to them in the user's manual.

Jim Sharkey
RV6 - Phase 1

The green arrow is just the runway extended center-line.

ILS is available on that approach.
nope, the green feathers appear on every runway at an airport marked as your last waypoint in your active flight plan, even on a non-IFR airport, provided that the airport has runway information in the Jepp database.

--L

It also depends on zoom level I think I've noticed?? They don't appear until you are zoomed in to say ~2-5 miles or something like that IIRC.