CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
Has anyone found out if an EFIS (say AFS) or a Garmin GTN can provide the necessary GPS info for the NavWorx ADS600B to work? I'm just wondering if I need to plan on another GPS antenna just for this unit. Anyone have the install manual for this too?

On my -10, I put a -56 (that is the 430 GPS, not the 430W) antenna under my vertical stab at the front of the fiberglass cover. Works great, can't be seen from the outside and only cost 50 bucks. They are almost dime-a-dozen as they are being pulled out of spam cans upgrading/ed from the 430 to the 430W.

Has anyone found out if an EFIS (say AFS) or a Garmin GTN can provide the necessary GPS info for the NavWorx ADS600B to work? I'm just wondering if I need to plan on another GPS antenna just for this unit. Anyone have the install manual for this too?

Yes, and the answer is no they won't work. You'll need an external gps antenna. Navworx has it's own internal gps.

While the older GPS antenna will work as Gary mentioned. It's caveat emptor on buyer them. In talking with Bill at Navworx, he stated he's seeing some issues with some of these antenna. The decision is yours, drop $200 for a new one or $30-50 for an used one and take your chances on how well it work.

Email Bill for a manual.

I bought an one on ebay.

The antenna was only $12 and works great. As was mentioned before the NavWorx comes with it's own Wass GPS and all you need is the antenna.
I place mine under the cowl and ran the coax back. I did need to replace the connector on the antenna for my setup.

I love the traffic and weather that are now displayed on my AF3500.

Kent

On my -10, I put a -56 (that is the 430 GPS, not the 430W) antenna under my vertical stab at the front of the fiberglass cover. Works great, can't be seen from the outside and only cost 50 bucks. They are almost dime-a-dozen as they are being pulled out of spam cans upgrading/ed from the 430 to the 430W.
Gary,
I have been interested in the NavWorx unit but have so far not pulled the trigger because of the sporadic coverage in the midwestern states from Texas up to the Dakotas. The FAA has not put stations into operation for the most part in this part of the country yet. Have you seen any issues with your unit while flying around Oklahoma?