vbpiper

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a GPS III connected to a Dynon EFIS? I know that the data sentences output by the GPS do not match all of those listed as needed for the Dynon, but I wonder how well they will function together.
Any input would be much appreciated!
Thanks.

GPS III Pilot to D10A

That's the setup I'm using. Works great. I output from the GPS to three things - D10A, EMS-D120 and my autopilot. Everything works as long as you select NMEA output format in the GPS setup screen. I don't know of any problems with that configuration. My GPS calculates winds wrong on its E6B and that same error shows up on the Dynon, but I think that is because my Dynon needs a magcal. What error are you referring to?

Thanks

Rick,
Thanks for the response. I did not mean to refer to any specific error. I was checking the documentation for the D10A and the Pilot, and most of the sentences match up, but some do not, so I just wanted to know if they "talked" to each other well enough to be functional. Sounds like I do not have to invest in a new GPS yet! (At least until I can sneak some pork past the "appropriations committee" and buy a 496 :>)
I think I will hook the GPS up to the 327 txp, too, to see if the transponder will switch to ALT automatically.
Thanks, again.