N130WN

Well Known Member
Does anyone have some insider info on how to realign the screen on a Garmin GPS III Pilot GPS? I tried a factory reset - no change. The top couple rows of pixels are still missing. IE, if the word "Satellite" is across the top, I only see the bottom half of the letters. Garmin said they would be happy to fix it, just send it in -- with $100. :(

Any help would be appreciated...

Larry, over time some of the segments of the LCD will fail as you describe. I have a GPS III Pilot that has some lines missing. Its a hardware issue so I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

So they still support the GPS III Pilot? That's cool, I have three of them, its nice to know they're still supporting them. For a small cheap gps they can't be beat. I flew my RV-6 for six years with one as the sole means of navigation. It got replaced with a 396, but I still keep it in the airplane as a spare.

Does anyone have some insider info on how to realign the screen on a Garmin GPS III Pilot GPS? I tried a factory reset - no change. The top couple rows of pixels are still missing. IE, if the word "Satellite" is across the top, I only see the bottom half of the letters. Garmin said they would be happy to fix it, just send it in -- with $100. :(

Any help would be appreciated...

I have one that I no longer use............. $30.00 and it's yours to your door.....
Drop me a note if you want it.:) with manual.:eek: