Sam Staton

Well Known Member
I have read quite a few posts that mention communication between a Lowrance 2000C and autopilots/ radios. I have to admit to complete ignorance of this issue. If I can make my 2000C talk to a Dynon D-180, then I'll keep the Lowrance - after all, the earth hasn't changed, and no airports have moved recently. My iPad will provide the 'legal' chart info. How do you do this thing? Any detailed info will help greatly! Thanks in advance!

I see no one has replied, so I'll give you general instructions.
Get the manuals.
Your GPS has to have a connector on it for this to work - probably a D-sub type. Locate the pin (in the manual) that is "RS-232 out" (it may be called "serial out"). Locate a pin on the Dynon that is "RS-232 in" (it is most likely called a "serial port in". Wire these two pins together.
You'll also have to wire together 2 ground pins, one from each.

Go into the Dynon's menu, configure the port you just wired to match the speed of the GPS - 9600 baud is a good guess. Your Dynon manual should have more specifics for the set up parameters.

Thanks!

Bob -
I should have posted a follow-up. I did get the info I needed, and , of course, you are absolutely correct. The Lowrance manual details exactly what needs to be done. We'll see how well it works when I'm flying! Thanks again for your post.

Sam