Bevan

Well Known Member
Can anyone tell me about how the MT governor it to be oriented on the rear acc case of an O-360/RV7A?

It appears to me there is only one way to mount it, but when I mount it this way, the bracket which hold the actuating cable wants to occupy the same space as the battery (which is where the plans say it is supposed to be).

Maybe I am not understanding the operation of the gov correctly. There's a spring which turns the control arm all the way clockwise. I assume this is the high RPM setting?

Any pictures of aft mounted MT governors out there?

Bevan
RV7A

Bevan,
Look at the pictures on my web page.

http://websites.expercraft.com/rzbill/

Left hand column has index by subject.
Look under Firewall Forward/Propeller.

There are a series of pics showing an MT gov, although I think it is an earlier model.
I had to weild the files a bit to make the bracket fit the bolt pattern and clear the gov body.

Thanks Jon and Bill. Looks like I need to rotate the gov and bracket assembly 180 degrees. When it's off, I'll study the ports again to see if the gov can actually be bolted up and work in any of the 4 positions. Can anyway confirm this? I didn't think so.

Bevan

On second thought, maybe I am to cut the safety wire (again) on all 6 of the "face" screws and re-clock the face 180 degrees? This way the gov will be mated to the engine correctly (according to my understanding) and the control cable bracket will protrude on the left side, clearing the battery. Is there any harm in removing all 6 face screws?

Bevan

OK, got it done. That's a pretty cool design. After the safety wire went back on the governor, I began a trial run to see if engine would mount up with any other difficulties. The must not have been anything significant cause 2.5 hours later, then is HUNG!

Bevan