tracker

I'm New Here
Hello to all, this is my first time posting and first off I would like to say thank you to all who contribute a great amount of time and effort to help others. I have spent many hours reading posts and learning great tips and ideas.

I have just started my RV-7 empennage and have a concern about MY hs-609PP spar reinforcement bars.

There are a number of gouges in the face of the the reinforcement bars that although I do not think will be a concern I would like to get the opinion of others.

The gouges are not that deep, but are too deep to file or sand out as I think this would remove too much material. I have smoothed over these gouges with scotchbrite to ensure there are no sharp edges.

What do you think? should I build on or call Vans for replacements?

DSCF1683.jpg

DSCF1682.jpg

DSCF1681.jpg

A general "rule of thumb" for blending is 10% of materail thickness. I would attempt to locally blend them out just a little more, alodine, paint and install.

Not uncommon

You will find other parts and pieces like this as you progress through the kits. These look superficial to me. A little sanding with emory cloth and it should buff right out. :D