Rick_A

Well Known Member
We (me, Susan and the dog) went to visit the in-laws this past weekend. The trip from 52F to Pensacola (KPNS) was nothing out of the ordinary. About 10 kt head wind, so we did one Fuel stop after a couple of hours then on to KPNS. About 4 hours flying time, 4.5 hours total.

The trip back, was GREAT. The headwind we had going was now a tailwind. We were cruising at 6500 and making a ground speed of about 165 kts or better. When we got to the decent point for the planned fuel stop, neither of us were quite ready to stop and it was pretty hazy lower down. So we decided to keep going.

As we continued on, all my instrumentation was telling me we could make it all the way back to Dallas without stopping for fuel. We were both feeling good, so we kept going.

Bottom line: We went from KPNS to 52F non-stop in 3hr 20 min.

My fuel was down to about 45 minutes reserve which is less then my comfort zone. But never felt I was being unsafe.

We we landed, we were both amazed and the dog was very ready to get out of the plane.

xc is one of there strong points. were are all the pics from the trip???????? hmmmmmm.