SmittysRV

Well Known Member
This is my latest adventure in keeping up RV diplomatic relations with my sweetie.

Windchimes from leftover pushrods!!

pushrodchimes.jpg

Happy wife, happy life!

I'm barely finished building my work tables when the love of my life enters the garage to inspect my work. So, of course, I asked her how she liked them. Without hesitation, she said, "wow, those are nice...can you build me a table...and a computer desk...and a... :confused: Honey, I'll gladly build you all those things...after I'm finished with the plane. Remember the plane!! :rolleyes:

Maybe I could keep her happy for now with the occasional wind chime or some other spare parts gadget...nice touch, sir. :)

I'm barely finished building my work tables when the love of my life enters the garage to inspect my work. So, of course, I asked her how she liked them. Without hesitation, she said, "wow, those are nice...can you build me a table...and a computer desk...and a... :confused: Honey, I'll gladly build you all those things...after I'm finished with the plane. Remember the plane!! :rolleyes:

Maybe I could keep her happy for now with the occasional wind chime or some other spare parts gadget...nice touch, sir. :)

It gets worse from there on out. Now that I am flying, the subject of new living room & formal dining room furniture was brought up more than once (i.e. ... if you wish to continue with a happy marriage we will be buying these things). Just when I had the money to get the plane painted, she makes a move on the money and it'll be another year and a half before I can aford to paint it now!! On the extreme up side, she has never once asked what I spent building the plane, how much the insurance is, how much I spend a month on gas/maintenance/hangar.

On a side note, the other day a buddy asked me right in front of my wife how much I had in the RV, I almost punched him right in the neck. I explained to him later that the cost of airplanes discusion in front of my wife is like me asking about how hot his ex-girlfriend was in front of his wife.

Travis

I explained to him later that the cost of airplanes discusion in front of my wife is like me asking about how hot his ex-girlfriend was in front of his wife.

Travis

That's funny stuff...and very true. Right or wrong, good or bad, in some situations certain things are definitely better left unsaid.

Randy

RVing Money

Chances are I won't hide the costs from the wife. She makes more money than I do so she'll end up paying for the bigger part of it I am sure!

Then somewhere down the line I'll pay her back with one helluva Honey-do list:p

Very creative! But only two chimes is further evidence that a builder will never receive much more stock material than is necesssary from ole Richard Van G. Better get it right the first time!

Last edited:
I'd wondered

Where old gramps got the aluminum tubes for the wind chimes he made.
Now I know.

My neighbour was kind enough to go out in a storm and strap ours to the tree trunk because they were driving him nuts. So, now they live in a box :)

Two tubes are not enough for a good wind chime.

Smitty, you need to build another plane.:p

Kent

Where is the primer?

Couldn't you at least primer the chimes?

:D

I am building two, 8' long X 6' tall, 5 shelve bookcases for my wife's library in exchange for building two airplanes. Nearly done. Putting last coat of paint on them. These have taken the same amount of time to build as one plane. That's only fair.

Pat Garboden
Ozark, MO