N804RV

Well Known Member
On the 27th, as soon as I saw the statement from Van's, I went onto the web store and saw that my last remaining big(-ish) purchase was in stock.

I ordered a Hartzell prop governor and mounting bracket right away. And, today I got a tracking number.

So, it took a couple of days longer for them to process and ship. But, it looks like they are shipping in-stock items! Yay!

I ordered $3900 worth of in stock items Oct 17. None of which has anything to do with LCP. Mines still pending.

Van's usual great service

Last weekend, I order a set of standard seat cushions for the RV-6 that we're building. They were shipped yesterday and should be arriving tomorrow.
In over forty plus years of buying parts and kits from Van's, they have always come through for me and have never given me cause for concern. And now, while they're working through some challenging times, they will prevail and, in time, this will all just be a memory.

Blue skies,
Chuck

RV-6XXL

Shipping closed 6-8 November

I ordered some parts a couple of weeks ago and they arrived on Friday.

Shipping will be closed for a few days next week for stocktake per Van's web store notice:

IMPORTANT SHIPPING NOTICE: Our shipping department will be CLOSED for inventory Monday November 6 through Wednesday November 8.

Last edited:
I had submitted an email about a warranty issue regarding RV12iS top cowling a week before the “news”. They responded to the email and sent an order acknowledgment yesterday. Two thumbs up from me.

I have a UPS tracking number too

Apparently great minds and all that.....

After hearing the news last week, I decided to order most all the big ticket things I had left on the "wish list" for my RV-8 build. Something in the 5K range.

Hopefully that helps Van's reduce some of their inventory costs and get some cash for stuff they've already bought, and perhaps saves me some $$ if/when the prices of everything goes up.

Wife thought it was a bit of a **** shoot, but I've been a customer of Van's since '95 and didn't hesitate.

If only the new breed of builders knew what we went thru back in the dark ages before pre-punched kits and complete FWF packages, they might not be so quick to jump on the best kit airplane manufacturer in the market (both design and execution).

Laird

RV-6 2000hrs
RV-8 in process

Last edited:
My order, for in stock parts, was placed last Tuesday morning before lunch. Shipped out Tuesday night and arrived Friday. USPS priority post. I Was a little apprehensive about placing the order, not any more!

On the other hand....

On the other hand,
I ordered two elevator skins and associated stiffener angles, all listed 'in stock' on October 13. No word yet....

Very disappointing

I placed and order for replacement wheel pants. I elected to take what they had on hand and said ok to ship the rest when they were available. Got the parts but they billed me again for the second shipment. Have been trying to get this straightened out for more than 3 weeks with not a word back in any form. Multiple calls and emails, nothing. What started as $800 mistake now feels like being scammed.