ron sterba

Well Known Member
Want to customize your bird with some chrome letters and #'s.Maybe your flight panel or by your door or cowling!.Happen to be sitting in traffic one day and said how cool it would be to have the chrome letters & # of a a Volvo which was a V R 7A.theses letters and & # fastened in tailgate of the car.How cool it would be to change the letters around RV 7A on mount them on your plane.Now i can't stop looking at cars chrome name plates like Honda PILOT.CheVRolet.Just pull the V&R out,rotate and WalA! RV.I think a junkyard would be a great place to look.What do you think!Try it some day while in traffic and there are a ton of car makers emblems that can put that custom look to the RV.Ron Salem Or

Chrome

Ron,
I think you spend too much time sitting in traffic :D Sounds like a good way to pass the time!
Ward

Too much CO?

Good way to pass the time in traffic, but I can't help thinking of the reaction I would get from my pals if I showed up with tacky plastic "chrome" letters stuck on "Sunshine."

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

And after you put the bling on then you can look into putting polished spinners on your wheels! Dont forget the huge base speaker in the baggage compartment... :D

And after you put the bling on then you can look into putting polished spinners on your wheels! Dont forget the huge base speaker in the baggage compartment...

and if you're building a slider, you can hang the fuzzy dice from the rollbar....

johnp said:
and if you're building a slider, you can hang the fuzzy dice from the rollbar....
Hey, You're getting too close to home now! Back in the eighties we had fuzzy dice on all our ultralights.

Foxworthy?

Just yanking your chain here but:

"You might be a redneck if.................."

That's a wild idea since my buddy and I had a whole pile of junkyard car emblems back during high school. I had forgotten about that until now.

I bet I can put in one of those "bounce" kits in mine, too- Cut about a foot out of the gear struts, and Voila! Low rider! :p

One possible response to how this might look comes when I remember my master carpenter father's opinion of some of my early attempts to work wood: "Boy, that looks like a cat's (posterior)".

I have a tool box full of these emblems. Whenever I buy a car, the first thing I do is remove the emblems. Come to think of it, that's why I have so many. I didn't want them on my car either.
When Toyota came out with the new design Tercel (commuter car) in 1991, it looked somewhat like a little Mercedes. I took off all the emblems. Whenever it was parker, people would walk around it and ask what kind of car it is. My two standard answers were..."It's a red one." Or...."It's a generic."