iwannarv

Well Known Member
I've searched the forums and found some info on GoPro mounts but I'd like to see a thread that has pictures of several different styles of mounts in one place.

My wife got me a Hero3+ recently and I am looking at getting the PlaneAround mounts for the RV8. But, I would also like something that I could move over to the SuperCub as well.

I am sure the adhesive mounts would be OK on Cub-like speeds? I placed some adhesive mounts on a 1100hp spray plane (can pull ~170mph unloaded) and the pilot couldn't lose the GoPros (he tried). Needing adjustability of different angles - not just one shot/one view.

Last edited:
Saw an RV at Petit Jean with a special mount above the engine. Had RC servos on it and the pilot could pan it in flight 360 degrees. Looking backwards showed the pilot.

A buddy of mine has a GoPro mounted on the wing strut on his cub .. I believe he used the "handle bar" mount for a bicycle . . .

Last edited:
I have a standard clip on adhesive mount on an inspection panel under the left wing.

Been to 200kts a time or two and it's still there....... with camera :D

Make sure you prep the surface and glue on in good temperature and let the adhesive cure for a day or two.