jsisk

Looking for ideas for mounting my GoPro 10 camera to capture "over the pilot's shoulder" view from the cockpit.

After a bunch of experimenting, this is what I ended up with on my -7A tip-up. It might or might not be doable with your -14, not sure how much of the kit we share:

I used a couple of those GoPro swivel attachments to bring the camera forward so the tip-up handle isn't so prominent in the shot. The mount is attached to the -7's center F-732A channel using one of these 1/4" male to male adapters:

You can see a shot I took before attaching the canopy:

Since I sikaflex'ed my canopy, this hardware is totally inaccessible after the canopy bonds, so I used a lock washer and red loctite on the nut that attaches it to the channel.

Then I thread this 3 inch shaft into that (now immovable) 1/4" stud. I tried a 6 inch shaft but didn't like the camera angle.

Finally, I've attached a still frame from the resulting view.

Attachments

• n12vd_camera_view.jpg
    n12vd_camera_view.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 60
For this view I've placed a standard stick-on GP mount to the forward face of the canopy roll-over frame. The camera sits high, so that when its in place there is only just a little clearance between the camera and the perspex. It is also off-centre to the right by a couple of inches as I found this provides a better view when solo and doesn't make too much difference to the shot when you have a passenger. The wide angle of the camera takes care of the off-set and you don't notice it.

This photo shows the location - excuse the cheesy grins - this was taken on my wife's first flight in the aircraft.

If anyone wants to see a video taken from this position send me a PM and I can flick you a link.

Attachments

• 20220910_103940_resized.jpg
    20220910_103940_resized.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited: