azrv6

Well Known Member
Saw the following today. Sounds like in the future instead of flying with a "moving map" it will be "moving photos of the actual terrain".

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/06/google-maps-news/#s:street-view-1

"For Google Earth, the company is outfitting airplanes with Street View-like camera gear and flying them like high-tech crop dusters all over the earth?s surface to get photographic 3D data to display for users.

Soon, you?ll also be able to use a new feature called ?make available offline? to (duh) make the mapped area available when you?re offline, outside your 3G network, etc."

Rv + Commercial ticket, Where do I sign up to strap a google camera to the belly and fly around on their dollar :).

Hemisphere GPS.

Rv + Commercial ticket, Where do I sign up to strap a google camera to the belly and fly around on their dollar :).

Hemisphere GPS makes my swath guidance system and asked for volunteers to fly for mapping purposes at our last National Ag convention. My cell is 478 494 three 7 fife 7.

BTW...you charge for the photos, not the airplane, so a PPL and more than likely, an experimental can do the work.

I have a friend with a PPL and a Skyhawk fitted with a downward-looking camera and makes pictures for forestry companies.

Best,

at the risk of verging on sacreligious....

...wouldn't this be the kind of thing they make a UAV for? :)

they have them for crop inspection etc.

..hey, those guys gotta make a livin' too!