skyking902001

Well Known Member
For last couple weeks, can't get google chrome browser to work past the VAF splash page--get page not available error. Have rebooted, cleared cashe etc. Switched to Firefox browser and all works fine. Anyone else having these issues?

Browser

Thanks guys! Must be an issue with my aging computer. Probably should upgrade, but rather spend the money on avgas!

Try disabling your ad blocker. I had trouble with it too until I added a VAF exception for AdBlockPro.

- mark

Me too!

We're having occasional issue with Google Chrome since I updated to Windows 11 but never on the VAF website. I run Norton 360 and thought that it could be a problem. I go the same website with the error message on my iPad and no problem.

iPad ok

Yep, iPad and iPhone works without issue. Trying to run it down, but appears to be a chrome issue. Did some kind of google update couple of weeks ago—think that’s when the issue started.

Just download Brave and be done with it. I had to on the computer in my office and hangar cause Chrome kept screwing up.
Have had no problems with the Brave search engine.
Art

Chrome has run its course I think. I switched back to Mozilla Firefox a few months ago and for web browsing, including YouTube, it's way better than Chrome IMO. Far less adds added to YouTube videos and other sites I visit, it is far quicker to load and get past ads that can't be blocked.

YMMV.

I've had unending slowness, lagging, and issues with Chrome since I upgraded to Windows 11. I also installed Firefox, and it was much better, but I tend to be unhappy until I find the cause of a problem. I found and followed the recommendations on this YouTube video, and it has solved most of the issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3uRYKJRons

If you have Windows 11, I highly recommend you turn off all the **** indicated in this video.

Recently Chrome has been unresponsive on the VAF page only, on my desktop (Win10) but not my laptop (Win11). The front page loads but then it won't respond to clicks, gets page not responding. May or may not be related to your issue, who knows with these things.

Change to Vivaldi. It's open-source, Chromium-based, without the Google quirks, and it runs VAF without problems.

Chrome issue

Recently Chrome has been unresponsive on the VAF page only, on my desktop (Win10) but not my laptop (Win11). The front page loads but then it won't respond to clicks, gets page not responding. May or may not be related to your issue, who knows with these things.

Yessir-your response is exactly the same as my problem. I have Win10 desktop- have considered moving to Win11, but often upgrades lead to other issues.

It appears to be something Chrome has done with a recent update. I can reproduce the lockup (displays the opening screen, but doesn't respond to any mouse clicks) in Windows 11. Watching the process in task manager shows it consumes more and more memory, then Chrome eventually reports an 'out of memory' error. I have been using Firefox for the forum, so I hadn't noticed it. I had Chrome do the same thing on a different website yesterday, so I would say it is a Chrome issue, not a forum software issue.