BlackRV7

Well Known Member
It's now been 5 months since my little "run in" with the jump school plane:eek: and a lot of help has been provided by a lot of people in getting Black Magic repaired. This past week I got my new GRT HX, Greg Morgan flew up form TN to drop off a tube of Sikaflex and primer for my windscreen...thank's Greg and then Friday Mike Humphrey, a 9A builder, drove an hour and a half both ways to help me install the forward deck. Not only did Mike stop by but he brought his "bucket o' tools" which included numerous different sizes of Cherry Max rivets. Let's just say, the accessibility to buck rivets on a rebuild is much more compromised than an initial build. Cherry Max to the rescue!! Jason Rowe, a local 7A builder, is stopping by in about an hour to lend a hand.

Feels good to start, what I consider, buttoning her up.

These pics may not look like much but it's pretty dang milestone for me!! Lots of work, by lots of people, has occurred to get to this point!!

Thanks Doug and thanks VAF.

rebuild015mc6.jpg

rebuild025ie1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Dana,

I'd say any week that you don't get run over by a nasty old jump plane is a pretty good week! :)

The project is looking good - keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Stein

Dana, how did the insurance handle it? Clearly, the other guy hit you.

Larry, just a side note. I sure would hate to be the jump school insurance company.....seems about a month ago, they had just dropped jumpers from 12K directly over the airport when the engine quit. Now remember, they were directly over the runway............the pilot came up 2 miles short and landed in a field. Luckily the pilot was OK. Prior to them running into my airplane, they tried to take out the fuel truck with another airplane........they haven't had a great year, to say the least.

Larry, just a side note. I sure would hate to be the jump school insurance company.....seems about a month ago, they had just dropped jumpers from 12K directly over the airport when the engine quit. Now remember, they were directly over the runway............the pilot came up 2 miles short and landed in a field. Luckily the pilot was OK. Prior to them running into my airplane, they tried to take out the fuel truck with another airplane........they haven't had a great year, to say the least.

Errr.... if your going back to that airport, I would recommend copious amounts of DAY-GLO Orange. The whole black thing is just begging to be run over again. :eek:

Karl