mlw450802

Well Known Member
Has anyone had any experience with Aircraft Specialties Service out of Tulsa for overhaul work? Just looking around for overhaulers.

Thanks Loads.

-Mike

where do you live about

It depends on location. I have no personal experience but I think the big shops have some good advantages:

Large facilities
Dyno testing
Large volume (technicians proficient practiced)
Warranties
Price: Like walmart the big shops can get a break in cost over a small shop.

The company has been around for years and years. Best to call them and ask questions.

Location and shipping and shop around:

It is nice if the shop is in the back yard so to speak but I would shop around. Again I am partial to the big shops and would check them all for quotes, warrantees and break-in dyno equipment (which is extra at some shops). When getting quote get apples and apples. Be specific what serial numbers you have, accessories to be overhauled (give them all the data you can). Do it in writing or e-mail. Shipping is a cost and should be factored in. Good Luck. G

Call and ask to speak with Bob Merrell. Ask any questions and listen very close. I received my Phase III ground cam back about a month ago. A work of art it truly is! If you're in a big hurry, well move on. Quality is Job #1 in Bob's book. He doesn't deliver any other way.