vfa192

I'm New Here
My build partner and I just finished a seven-year RV-8 build. We should have the phase I wrapped up some time in January (wx permitting).

Any recommendations on a good paint shop in the Maryland area (MD, PA, DE, VA, WV etc.) would be much appreciated.

45028b1d29b39bbb06c21450692aa722e51aa5d2

Thanks,
Mark

---
Mark Ross
Based in the DC SFRA under the watchful eyes of Big Brother
In Phase I: RV-8 "Drone Killer" ~ Hot Rod!
Currently Flying: Piper Meridian for trips. 2nd RV-8 for fun. :)

Russell Aircraft Refinishing

Located on Chorman field (D74). Jim Russell painted two aircraft for me when I lived in Maryland. You may have to wait a while. Once you're in, you're out in about 3 weeks. j.russell (at) wildblue.net or three 0 two - 349-5920

I second for Russell. He's a great guy and does a really nice job. It's a small shop and he quoted me about a year last time I talked with him.

Question for you: How did you guys transition to the 8? I'm based out of Delaware not far from Chorman and have an 8 kit that should be finished in a month or two. I've got about 100 hours in a 6a but need to get my tailwheel and some 8 time pretty soon. Would love to hear about your experience transitioning to the new plane.

Located on Chorman field (D74). Jim Russell painted two aircraft for me when I lived in Maryland. You may have to wait a while. Once you're in, you're out in about 3 weeks. j.russell (at) wildblue.net or three 0 two - 349-5920

Thanks. I've heard great things about Russell Aircraft. I talked to Jim Russell this morning and unfortunately, he's fully booked into 2020! He's also retiring when he finishes his backlog.

I will second the work at Lancaster Aero at Smoketown Airport in central PA:). Going on my 9th year and she still looks great.

Steve
RV9A 820+ fun filled hours
N424Jk

Lancaster Aero - Smoketown Airport

They do very nice work - lots of experience with RVs and great paint work too!

Sureflight, Chester County Airport, Coatesville PA KMQS.

Full disclosure, the shop is managed by a friend, and I really can?t say anything about cost, but the workmanship is top class. I will be getting my -6A painted there sometime in 2020. Schedules aren?t bad either

Lancaster Aero @ Smoketown

Another thumbs up for Lancaster Aero. They painted my 7 and I get compliments all the time. As stated, lots of RV experience. Give Kendall a call.

Merrill

Lancaster aero

I'll make #6 for lancaster Aero at smoketown. They painted my -10 a couple weeks ago. Great bunch of guys.