bird

Well Known Member
Wife and I are very happy to say, we picked up our rv8 wings today at ABF trucking warehouse in Beaumont, Texas. Crates where in perfect shape, of course we brought them home to Lake Charles, La. and opened them up and began inventory right away!:) Vans does such an excellent job of packaging, and I was impressed with ABF trucking also. They had no damage whatsoever and they were even upright!! I have read some horror stories and was very concerned, but worked out great! Yay!!

bird

Congrats Tim, I'm right behind you....wings are being shipped on Monday and I'm sliding down to Lewiston to pick them up onthe 21st....

I'll be following your log!!! Give me the heads up if there's any issues!!! I've been following Steve's Riffe's log as well...makes it easier for me to see such great work and insight to issues before I get there.

Cheers,

Don

Wife and I are very happy to say, we picked up our rv8 wings today at ABF trucking warehouse in Beaumont, Texas. Crates where in perfect shape, of course we brought them home to Lake Charles, La. and opened them up and began inventory right away!:) Vans does such an excellent job of packaging, and I was impressed with ABF trucking also. They had no damage whatsoever and they were even upright!! I have read some horror stories and was very concerned, but worked out great! Yay!!

bird

Bird,

You are right about Vans and ABF, both do a great job. Just wanted to give you a heads up on your fuel tanks and something you may want to consider after you complete them. Condider testing them by putting fuel in prior to attaching to your wings. I did the pressure check with the air pump and soapy water and thought they were good. I then put them on the wings, where they sat for a while. Later I attached the wings and put fuel in them and found a small leak. Luckly it was in the first part of the cell and I could get to it from the access panel, after I pulled thge tanks off (boo, hiss). Just a thought as I would probably be flying by now if I had done this check with fuel in the first place. As you know from this site this is not gospel or the only way to do things, however it is a thought, take care and good luck.

thanks

Tim, thats some good advice. I can understand how pressure testing has its limits. It sure would be a bummer to have to pull the tanks right before flying time.

bird