pierre smith

Well Known Member
YESSSS! N33PL slipped the surly bonds of earth on Friday afternoon, Nov. 18th! One year and nine months later, our -6A climbed like a homesick angel with it's 0-360 and Catto 3 blade. Level at 2000', the 'Sojourner' indicated 175 at 2500RPM and flew hands-off level with only a slight right yaw (1/2 ball) and sooooo smooth....love the Catto. Have yet to add leg and wheel fairings. The old cropduster, Pierre, was test pilot with partner Larry Morgan checking out by himself on Saturday, 19th Nov. I believe that she is the 2000th RV6/6A to fly, according to Van's site.
YeSSSSSSSSS!
Pierre Smith (pictures to follow)

Pierre,
Big time Congratulations!!! I have knida been following along with your project through your posts. Have fun and best of luck

Last edited:
did you get an email in to van's?? they're still waiting for that 2,000th flight report according to the counter. don't let someone else beat ya to it! :D

Congratulations Pierre!! Hope to have my 7 flying in a couple more years. I too make my living going back and forth, in a AT802-65.

Brent Colvin
RV-7
N131LC (Reserved)
QB FS & WG here in December

Congratulations!!

Congrats Pierre! It's an exciting time, when all you're efforts finally pay off.
I'll try to get down to see you during the holidays.
Bill Waters