scard

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Tanya and I just got back from dropping off our beloved machine for paint with Grady at GLO Custom. I flew up and Tanya drove. We spent about 1.5hr with Grady going over the plane, colors, scheme, etc. I was very impressed in his genuine interest not only in the process, but his interest in delivering what I personally was looking for. My expectations are high and I feel confident that he can easily meet them after talking with him in person this afternoon.
In the end, I left my baby with him. Wow, that was really hard. I can't wait to see what it will look like when it is done in about a month. Now I face my first weekend and otherwise extended period of time in about a year without an airplane to fly. What to do, what to do. Oh, yeah, the A/C has the garage at about 78 degrees and there are a couple of elevators awaiting final riveting. Maybe I'll start and finish the wings on the -8 in the next four weeks :)...

Just think how fortunate you are to have another plane to work on Scott....when my plane went to paint, I just spent my evenings sitting on a park bench at the local pond, driving my R/C Sailboat around.

Actually, that was kind of peaceful!

You'll like Grady's work!

Paul

Great minds must think alike :). I have an R/C sailboat that is near to my heart that I haven't touched in almost 15 years, and I have a suitable local pond 5min. walk away... Good idea.