Chappyd

Well Known Member
I've stumbled across a -7 wing kit at a very attractive price. I've been trying all year to sell my Mooney with no luck, in order to finance the rest of my -7. ( all I have is the tail) I have enough cash on hand to buy this one though. This fellow is retired and hasn't worked on it in quite some time. He says he's had it for at least 4 (?) years. All that is done is one wing is at the stage where some ribs have been riveted on, I beleive mains.

My big question is there anything I should be on the look out for? I'll call Vans tomorrow and ask about an inventory list. The seller thinks he still has it in his builders book, but isn't certain.

Thanks

Where are you located? Best thing is to have some experienced eyes with you. Bring an RV builder you know & respect, if you can.

Things to look for on a -7 wing would be the quality of the countersinks on the spar flanges. Are they smooth and clean or rough/chattery? Quality of riveting of those ribs to the spar(s). That's probably all you'll see based on what you mentioned.

He's got the finished tail, and that comes with it. That'll go to somebody at a very low price. Good idea Dan to bring a RV builder along, I'm in CT. I' been in touch with the Local EAA chapter and had some of them over to inspect my work on the tail kit, but haven't been in touch lately due to the work being done, and being busy with other things.

Thanks guys,

Hey Chappy,

I am not too far from you. Where are the parts?

Perhaps I could join you? Let me know. Shoot me a PM.

:) CJ