eisnerrv4

Well Known Member
Hi everyone. Does anyone know if the tiedown rings on my RV-4 just screw out or are they bolted in the wing. I can't remember and there is too much snow down at the field to check the airplane. Second question is does anyone know where I can find the GoPro mounting case that screws in to the tiedown. I've seen it before but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Tie down

I sure your 4 is just like my 3 and they just screw in to a riveted in nut plate. I leave my tie down rings in my bag until I need to tie the plane down and then I screw them in with my hand. Cheers :)

gopro mount

Hi.
Brian's mount is good solution. I'm assuming (but can't tell in the photo) that he bent the aluminum angle a bit to compensate for the wing dehedral.
Tilted videos become annoying after a while...

Hi.
Brian's mount is good solution. I'm assuming (but can't tell in the photo) that he bent the aluminum angle a bit to compensate for the wing dehedral.
Tilted videos become annoying after a while...

nothing special, just a 3" long piece of angle. It can be rotated about the tiedown pivot and tilted at the Gopro case bolt. I just bolt it on and eyeball the direction it is looking. The length of the AL stabilizes the camera from shaking.

Here's a take-off video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-boFtOx5bE

Brian.. side question. what do you use for editing your gopro footage?

GoPro Studio and my rudimentary skills. The program has a lot more options which I haven't touched 90% of. Someday I'll figure out how to add music other than the free stuff on youtube.