jrouault

Well Known Member
Patron
I currently have a Bob Archer nav antenna in my wingtip that I have hooked up to a CI-507 Diplexer (http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/coupler507.php) that then feeds VOR/ILS and Glideslope to my GNS430W. This configuration has worked very well. I would like to add an SL-30 and attempt to re-use the same nav antenna. Since the SL-30 has a built-in diplexer, it sounds like I have a couple of different options. I can add a splitter prior to the diplexer for the GSN430W, or replace the diplexer with a triplexer. I am curious what people have done with a similar setup to mine, and what kind of antenna performance (or lack of performance) they saw.

Thanks,

Jason

To use a triplexer, you need to ensure that the triplexer does not strip off the G/S signal from the second VOR port. If it does, the SL30 won't get good G/S signal. These things are not all made the same way inside.

The splitter before the diplexer is the best bet. You will lose some sensitivity no matter what you do.

Last edited:
I bought a Comant CI-1125 (from Cirrus on Ebay) and that seems to work very well in our setup (530W/430W).. it's the 2x VOR + 2x GS splitter.

suggestion

Here is the way I am using one archer antenna for a 430 and an SL-30. I used the figure at the bottom with a single antenna.
2eofw92.jpg

Thanks to Jason of Aerotronics for the diagram.