IMG_0548.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Programmer top view.jpg
    Programmer top view.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 95
Yes, please do your due diligence as DeltaRomeo says. I'm an honest seller with a useful item removed from my RV-7a, looking for an honest buyer as well. I'd be happy to FaceTime or Zoom with any interested party. I'm an EAA Lifetime Member and based at Leesburg airport (KLEE) in Florida. I'm rusty using this forum as I haven't been on it regularly. I've had scammers try to work me over too, and I hate it that it's difficult to take anyone at face value anymore, but it's where we are. Let me know what you require to make a deal.

Can you put power on it and post pics of the display though a few screens, maybe plug a flightplan in there KOSH to KLAL with the crs line on the screen, than I feel more confident its not a scam, instead of just powered off pics someone grabbed off ebay and posted here. And also how old is it? How long have you had it? Thanks

Hello Don,
Thanks for your response. I replaced the Garmin unit with an Avidyne IFD440 about two weeks ago. I have pics of the config screens on the Garmin unit that I needed to use to reset the config files on the Avidyne if they help, but I don't have a pic of the Garmin unit showing a flight plan running. I'll see if I can put the Garmin unit back in my rack and pull up a flight plan for you but it may take a few days so please be patient. Do you have an email or phone number we can work with? I'd be happy to answer any other questions you might have in the mean time.
My RV-7A, N511ST, got it's airworthiness certificate in December of 2017. The Garmin was purchased new the summer of 2011 and arrived installed in my panel built by Aerotronics in Billings, MT. in July that year. Total time on the plane is 390 hrs and on the Garmin about 450 hours. The 60 hours of differential time was spent getting used to the Dynon Skyview and Garmin buttonology on the ground prior to flying. Yes, the plane took me a long time to finish as I was traveling for work a lot of the time.

Can you put power on it and post pics of the display though a few screens, maybe plug a flightplan in there KOSH to KLAL with the crs line on the screen, than I feel more confident its not a scam, instead of just powered off pics someone grabbed off ebay and posted here. And also how old is it? How long have you had it? Thanks
Don,
I put the GNS430W back in the stack and took 3 videos on my phone this morning. I can't say I'm any kind of videographer, but I did put a KOSH to KLAL route in that shows up onscreen as you asked. It's not a refined route but it shows that the unit and screens are working as they should be. Now I get a msg telling me that the .MOV format video taken with my iPhone can't be uploaded here. Anybody know how to convert the format or accept the video files as they are? I'd like to answer your questions.
For everyone’s safety. Do your due diligence and things will be fine.

Thread 'Minimize Scam Risk: FaceTime and/or Zoom EVERY Classified Transaction'
https://vansairforce.net/threads/mi...-or-zoom-every-classified-transaction.225787/

Thanks, but I can not go 4500 for an old gps comm, if its in good condition and had the rack I would could go 2000, but new 355 are about 6500 and they come with a 2 year warrenty. If you can come down I am interested. Im not an iApple guy, cant stand the i operating system and dont know how to get .mov files to internet, I use Droid and upload the video files to youtube and can link them here

Thanks, but I can not go 4500 for an old gps comm, if its in good condition and had the rack I would could go 2000, but new 355 are about 6500 and they come with a 2 year warrenty. If you can come down I am interested. Im not an iApple guy, cant stand the i operating system and dont know how to get .mov files to internet, I use Droid and upload the video files to youtube and can link them here
Thank you for getting back to me on this. I agree the iPhone is a pain, but it's what I've got to work (or doesn't work) with. Yes the GNS430 WAAS units have been around a long time, but have also given good service. I've not had any problems with my unit at all, and it's in very good condition. If you can get one with a warranty for $2k, I recommend you buy it. I can come down a bit to $4,000 but that's all. Beyond that, I wish you well with your search.

I realize we are in the classifieds, not a discussion forum, but the comparison here should be to a unit with a nav radio in it. The 650 is the closest equivalent in current production. Its hard to find a trustworthy NAV/COMM radio like the SL30 for much less than $3k.

I'd be a buyer at $4k if I wasn't already tapped out from the workshop we just built out back -- need to stop the green hemorrhage for a bit.

I realize we are in the classifieds, not a discussion forum, but the comparison here should be to a unit with a nav radio in it. The 650 is the closest equivalent in current production. Its hard to find a trustworthy NAV/COMM radio like the SL30 for much less than $3k.

I'd be a buyer at $4k if I wasn't already tapped out from the workshop we just built out back -- need to stop the green hemorrhage for a bit.
Hi Benjamj,
Thanks for your comment. Just to be clear my unit is a Nav/Com and WAAS GPS. I have no reason to sell it quickly so look me up when the green has had time to grow. I'd be happy to talk with you. I went through the same workshop thing when I started building. Just keep eating the elephant one bite at a time!