Steve Brown

Well Known Member
Very specific question:
When crossfilling flight plan from 430 to 496, will approach waypoints get crossfilled?

In other words, when you have an approach loaded on the 430, will those points crossfill into the 496?

Would appreciate feedback from anyone who have done this

Yes

I drive a 496 off the 430W in my plane today. Every waypoint I have ever put in the 430W makes it to the 496. That includes user waypoints, MAP+ function waypoints and approach waypoints. Your gonna like it.

Very specific question:
When crossfilling flight plan from 430 to 496, will approach waypoints get crossfilled?

In other words, when you have an approach loaded on the 430, will those points crossfill into the 496?

430W to 496 Crossfill

Steve,

You may want to also think about installing a switch on your panel to disconnect the crossfill. I added it to my panel and am very glad I did. There are certain features on on the 496 that are very handy in the event of an emergency, like nearest airport. This feature and others do not work directly from the 496 when being crossfilled by the 430W. In my opinion the 496 is much easier and a better reference to use during a non IFR emergency.

Here is a link with some more handy information regarding this:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=29934

Crossfill

Hi Steve,

I agree with Byron on this one. If you can add a switch, do it. I'm not sure of the need to crossfill to the 496. I fly with the same combination and simply input the same flight plan into the 496. Very simple and effective. You're essentially manually "crossfilling" the 496 but not effecting the features of the 496.