Hi Tech heads.. I'm upgrading my panel, chucking round things and have a nice new G3X touch. I have an existing 430(non wass) that was driving my (now removed) TT autopilot. I have new Garmin servos, what functionality (VFR - no IFR) will I not get without a GAD29. Can I use the 430 as the GPS source for G3X. If I flight plan on the 430, do I get any any useful HSI/AP integration?

What about Baro smoothing into the 430?

Hmm. lots of questions.

Cheers.

Hello Mav,

Thank you for choosing the G3X Touch system for your aircraft. In answer to your question, if you connect a GNS 430 to your G3X Touch system via RS-232 only, without connecting the ARINC 429 interface, you will receive basic flight plan and VFR navigation data, but you will not have enough information displayed on your G3X Touch PFD for IFR navigation. In either case, the G3X Touch flight director and GSA 28 autopilot servos can still be used in GPS NAV mode to follow an external flight plan provided by the GNS 430, although without ARINC 429 data the roll steering guidance is more limited. We do recommend installing the ARINC 429 interface in order to access all the information your GNS 430 can provide, as well as to provide a way for your G3X Touch system to provide data to it, including baro setting.

- Matt