wjb

Well Known Member
To the folks who have a G3x and a GNC 255 (or maybe a SL30/40) in their planes: how much of the GNC255 feature set can the G3x control?

I have a remote mounted GTR20 -- 100% controlled by the G3x; I presume it would be similar?

How about the nav functions? Frequency setting, flip-flop, obs, station ident (audio and/or digital identification) over the RS232 link?

Not too interested in the convenience features/database since the G3x has all that.

What must be done ONLY via the panel?

To the folks who have a G3x and a GNC 255 (or maybe a SL30/40) in their planes: how much of the GNC255 feature set can the G3x control?

I have a remote mounted GTR20 -- 100% controlled by the G3x; I presume it would be similar?

How about the nav functions? Frequency setting, flip-flop, obs, station ident (audio and/or digital identification) over the RS232 link?

Not too interested in the convenience features/database since the G3x has all that.

I’ll have this same setup along with a GPS-175 and G5 in my -14, so I’m wondering the exact same things. The comm controls of the 255 via the G3x should be exactly the the same as the GTR-20, but I’m curious as to what Nav features can be viewed and controlled. Also, regarding the G5, I’m wondering how much of the 255 features can be controlled and viewed on it?? I’m sure a GAD-29 will have to be incorporated in the system so everything can take to each other.

GNC 255 Integration with G3X Touch

Good Morning,

The GNC 255 integrates well with the G3X Touch display. The serial data connection facilitates remote display of the active and standby frequencies, standby frequency tuning, remote COM frequency swap, remote COM volume adjustment, squelch adjustment and the ability to toggle monitor mode on/off.

You can also display NAV active and standby frequencies, tune the standby frequency, and swap the active/standby frequencies from the G3X Touch display.

You do want to make sure that the GNC 255 is running COM software 2.10 or higher, as this is required for the full complement of integration between the two units.

Thanks,

Justin