UnPossible

Well Known Member
Well - today was the big day that I fit the forward section of my tip up canopy to the frame/plane. We spent several hours sanding, then marking, then sanding, then marking, etc.

When we finally were happy with the fit, we taped the canopy down and started match drilling it to the frame.

Just as I finished the first hole, I realized that we had neglected to clamp the canopy frame to the roll bar. (aw- ****). We removed the canopy, clamped the frame and proceeded to drill all the holes in the canopy (so far without a crack!).

Now, I am left with 1 #30 hole about 1/2 and inch infront of the tip-up canopy frame at the top dead center. What is the best way to seal this hole.

I was thinking of filling the hole with some sort of acrylic compatable glue, but not sure of exactly what to use, or of there is a better method to close up the hole.

Thanks,
Jason

Well - today was the big day that I fit the forward section of my tip up canopy to the frame/plane. We spent several hours sanding, then marking, then sanding, then marking, etc.

When we finally were happy with the fit, we taped the canopy down and started match drilling it to the frame.

Just as I finished the first hole, I realized that we had neglected to clamp the canopy frame to the roll bar. (aw- ****). We removed the canopy, clamped the frame and proceeded to drill all the holes in the canopy (so far without a crack!).

Now, I am left with 1 #30 hole about 1/2 and inch infront of the tip-up canopy frame at the top dead center. What is the best way to seal this hole.

I was thinking of filling the hole with some sort of acrylic compatable glue, but not sure of exactly what to use, or of there is a better method to close up the hole.

Thanks,
Jason

You might try "Lexcel", which is a clear material you can find in the caulk section of your local Home Depot or Lowe's. It is acrylic compatable.