txaviator

Well Known Member
I just received an email from Gleim, announcing they were going to have their first holiday 'cyber sale'. As I looked at their site, I noticed a new course I hadn't seen that is a complete Skyview training course.

Might be a very informative course and give a head start to Skyview before I'm airborne. Has anyone purchased the course? If so, what were your thoughts?

I personally would not spend $100 for it. If you do you should check what software revision level it covers. There were really significant changes at the rev 5, 6, and 7 level. Getting a course about Rev 5 would not cover lots of cool stuff.

I would spend the time doing what almost NO ONE does - read the manuals! The are actually very good. I keep the latest ones on my IPAD. Download them as PDFs.

Bill

I would probably wait until the latest software comes out (due to the massive forthcoming changes) and then attend one of the many FREE classes put on by Dynon themselves regularly across the country throughout the year. They do a good job in those training sessions. Also, "training" is something you get to do when you buy the box. Power it up, sit down and play with it....repeatedly. It's half the fun of having one of those boxes before you go fly! :)

As also noted, there is no substitute to RTFM (read the manual) - it's free, it's very detailed, and will give you all the information you need before you get the box in your hands.

Just my 2 cents as usual!

Cheers,
Stein

As also noted, there is no substitute to RTFM (read the manual) - it's free, it's very detailed, and will give you all the information you need before you get the box in your hands.

Just my 2 cents as usual!

Cheers,
Stein

X2. I would definitely save my $. The manuals are very good. If you have any technology aptitude at all, a few readings and a few interactions is all you need to have a good working knowledge of the system.